Handheld installation of rock anchors with capacities of up to 160kN installed in minutes saves you time and money on your utility transmission and telecom tower installation.
8 Steps to Successful Rock Anchor Foundations in Rock
- Select foundation site carefully. Solid competent rock is required for AB CHANCE rock anchors i.e (Class 0 Soil).
- 300mm is the minimum drilled depth for the hole in solid rock. This is to be within 5 degrees of the anchor rod so make sure to align this before starting to drill
- the diameter of the hole is to be 3mm larger than the diameter of the unexpanded rod anchor. it is best practice to clean the hole of debris and dust for optimal performance
- Insert the unexpanded rock anchor into the hole.
- through the eye of the anchor install a steel rod and turn clockwise to expand the anchor be sure to remove the wedge tie from time to time for an easier anchor expansion process
- AB CHANCE Rock anchors expanded in holes drilled 300mm deep in Class 0 Soil (i.e hard rock) result in the full strength of the anchor, for example, the 19mm rod – Minimum Ultimate Strength of 102.3 kN. – or 25.4mm rod – Minimum Ultimate Strength of 160kN
- Best practice is to grout the rock anchor once installed however this is not a requirement, not for additional loading but to protect the drilled rock from weathering. PVC pipe or tundish can be used to pour the grout from the top and fill the void down to the top of the expanded wedges. A pancake batter mix of grout consisting of cement and water 2 – 2.5 parts cement to water ratio.
- The tower guy wire(s) can then be immediately attached to the anchor eye and fully loaded. whether to guys are loaded before or after the grouting process is not important.